Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove (0) when dialing International numbers from Jabber

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Team,
On a CUCM v.11.5 with Jabber client, people are facing issues when trying to call numbers from their local Contacts on the format +44(0)XXXXXXXXX. Obviously, they are able to dial +44(0)XXXXXXXXX (when 0 does not exist).

Is there a digit-manipulation method to "drop" the (0) within the route-pattern on the CUCM?

Any suggestion is much appreciated,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
3 Replies 3

You could do it with a translation pattern:

Pattern:  \+440.!

Discard Pre-Dot, Prefix +44

The reason you would want to do a translation pattern instead of two route patterns is:

If you are doing any digit manipulation at the egress trunk/gateway using transformation calling search spaces, or at the route group level in the route list, the above transformation will be ignored. A translation pattern will ensure that downstream of the route pattern, both with-0 calls and without-0 calls are handled consistently.

Maren

Thank you Maren, always to the point.

Definitely your suggestion works but I think I didnt explain it enough...

My aim is to be able to discard the "(0)" on any given International route pattern. I was thinking of the following pattern but I am not sure how to define the predot, in order to prefix it afterwards.

\+.XX(0).XXXXXXXXX

Have you ever faced such a requirement?

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Oooohhhh....interesting.

I can see the Translation Pattern being: +[2345689]X0.! but I don't think it's possible to capture the two leading digits and put them back in the resulting pattern. (You can do it in a router, but I don't think you can in CUCM.)

Is this for outdialing from NANP or is this cluster in another dialing domain? (If so, which one?) I'm asking because we might be able to do some magic with a route filter, but that is probably a stretch.

Unless someone comes up with something elegant, I think you are stuck with a set of translation patterns (or transformation patterns on an egress gateway/trunk) mapping each country code to be dialed.

Maren