cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need to change de domain ( CUCM, CUP, UNITY and UCCX)

pablo.beraldi
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following scenario.

2 CUCM (PUB -SUB)

2 CUP (Primary and secondary)

2 Unity (Primary and secondary)

1 UCCX (Only Primary).

All version 12.5

You would need to know the steps to change the domain. I be that with respect to cucms, once I change the domain, I must regenerate the certificates. But would they only be those who are signed by a private CA or all? What would be the order of all these server?thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The video is all about changing the  presence default domain.  You need to change the domain from Cli using the command mentioned. 

if you are using self signed it gets regenerated. if its a CA signed, new certs need to be signed. 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

When changing  the domain name, your self signed certificates will get regenerated. if its a CA signed certificate, you need to get the certs  signed by your CA.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/12_0_1/ipchange/cucm_b_changing-ip-address-and-hostname-1201/cucm_b_changing-ip-address-and-hostname-1201_chapter_0100.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ObmmsZfBk

Response Signature

OK, thanks a lot.

About the CUP I have one more question. Inside the video, I see how to change the default domain. But my idea is also to change it from the server itself with the command "set network domain example.com" is this correct?
The steps would be:
Change the domain from the CLI to the main CUP.
Change the domain from the CLI to the secondary CUP.
Generate the new certificates.
Change the configuration to the new domain within advanced configuration.

It is right?
Thank you

The video is all about changing the  presence default domain.  You need to change the domain from Cli using the command mentioned. 

if you are using self signed it gets regenerated. if its a CA signed, new certs need to be signed. 

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ALL certificates that use the FQDN in the CN or SAN will be affected, CA signed or self-signed.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate