cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iOS mobile app with Cisco JabberGuest framework 10.6.11 rejected binary in App Store

wsurala01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I developed a mobile application for iOS with the latest version of JabberGuest framework for iOS. Despite following best practices, my binary was rejected in Apple App Store due to problem with the framework itself. Below is a quote form Apple response:

"Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "XXXXXXX". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Invalid Bundle Structure - The binary file 'XXXXXXX.app/JabberGuest.bundle/JabberGuest.framework/JabberGuest' is not permitted. Your app can’t contain standalone executables or libraries, other than the CFBundleExecutable of supported bundles. Refer to the Bundle Programming Guide for information on the iOS app bundle structure.

Invalid Bundle Structure - The binary file 'XXXXXXX.app/JabberGuest.bundle/JabberGuest.framework/Versions/A/JabberGuest' is not permitted. Your app can’t contain standalone executables or libraries, other than the CFBundleExecutable of supported bundles. Refer to the Bundle Programming Guide for information on the iOS app bundle structure.

Once these issues have been corrected, you can then redeliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team"

This problem roughly means that there is something wrong with the framework itself, probably naming of some files suggest that JG iOS is using closed binaries in apps (which is forbidden by Apple App Store guidelines). There are apps in App Store with JG framework (older versions) that were accepted by Apple, so I believe this problem must be a small bug in development of JabberGuest framework for iOS in latest version.

Has anyone experienced mentioned problem with App Store rejection and/or solved it? If so, what to do?

2 Replies 2

niliu2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, Oct 1-7 is public holiday in China, will give you feedback as soon as we back.

chaowei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

To integrate JabberGuest api, we need the static library JabberGuest.framework and the resource file JabberGuest.bundle.

As for your problem, I think you may add the JabberGuest.framework in the JabberGuest.bundle's subdirectory. In fact, as what we provide is a static library, you won't see the framework in your final ipa, only the JabberGuest.bundle will be there.

You can check your project and find if you have a JabberGuest.framework in the JabberGuest.bundle among those image resources. If so, just remove it or replace the JabberGuest.bundle with the original one which you can find in the Versions/A/Resources of the JabberGuest.framework.

If you have any more problems, you can contact us in the thread.

Thanks.