Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 10.5.3 with SSO Session Expired Error

mbaker33
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We recently deployed SSO for our Jabber clients and so far it has been running very well until today.  When I went to send an IM this morning, I received a message indicating that my session has expired, with a few log entries.  I assume this is standard behavior, but I am trying to determine if it is something that can be adjusted, or just something we need to deal with.  Our users generally tend to log into their system and not log out until we reboot them manually every two weeks.  

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I have attached screenshots of the messages as well.

Thanks,

Mark

11 Replies 11

kgraz1987
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mark.

Have you been able to find a cause for this error message?  I am seeing the same problem.  We deployed Jabber 10.5.2 with SSO and have now moved to Jabber 10.6 with SSO.  All users are working and are happy with the SSO setup.  We have a handful of users who do not log off there machine and stay logged in.  There is one user specifically that has received the session expired error message when unlocking their PC on multiple occasions.  I think it has to do with some sort of SSO timeout on the cached credentials but have not been able to confirm.

Thanks.

Ken

you guys got the SSO to behave :) ?

did u guys ever get a cause\fix.. I am having the same issue

I think for this issue, we upgraded to 11.0 for CUCM & im&presence and to Jabber 11.x

We got to the point that users were very happy on windows devices with the SSO, but for mobiles/tablet users they complained that much we abandoned our SSO dreams.

The reason was that, the SSO timeout was set to every 12 hours(default is 2 or 4 hours with MS ADFS) so mobile and tablet users needed to re-authenticate every day which was unacceptable in our environment and also for a lot of our clients, which wanted to do SSO.

SSO on mobile devices needs to be enabled with certs which all IDP support today, but not user/pass which is the only method supported by Cisco and no change in sight - based on conversations with PDI and Cisco.

Regards

Andri

Julien GUERIN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the exact same issue with Jabber 10.6, 11.0.0, 11.1.1

Did you found anything to solve this ?

Hello,
I'm faced the same issue,

After a few days with Jabber open in the Windows Station, the message about "session has expired" showed.

I pressed the "New Session" button but nothing changed,

only after a restart the cisco Jabber its work's.

Someone solved the problem?

Hi there

Are you using 11.9 version. There  is a CSCvg90598 bug on this version and you have to upgrade to 11.9(3.60004)

Jabber for Windows 11.9 displays phone service SSO expired while phone service works well
CSCvg90598

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvg90598/?rfs=iqvred

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi Thanks for the Replay,

The Jabber ver is: 10.6.2.59142

***Update***

So I investigated the problem deeper and there is couple of people with this problem,

1 group have Ver: 10.6.2.59142

1 Person Have: 11.9.3.60004

They have the same error:

after few days with jabber ON, they got message:

"Renew Session- Your corrent session has expired, please renew the session..."

After Press: "New Session" - nothing changes.

Have you found the reason or a fix for this? I am getting similar reports with 11.9.3 (60004) and 12.1 (266460)

Hi,

We planning to Upgrade CM and Presence server from 11 SU1 To 11.5 SU5 -Regardless,
That will add the Enterprie Parameter: OAuth Refresh Token Expiry Timers (Days).

I'm hope that will expand the Jabber timeout

Just for the record, it happens to me with jabber 12.1.0 and CUCM v11. 5(1)su2