cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 11.9 - Contacts not visible in client.

frank_wakelin
Level 1
Level 1

When using Jabber 11.9 a number of contacts added from the directory do not show in the client contacts list when added successfully.  When I examine the contacts list via the CUCM presence viewer they are present, but do not appear in the jabber client.  If I remove/add contacts back sometimes they appear, but may disappear again after logout/login.

This behavior seems to be the same across other platforms running 11.9 (iOS, Android) - but I have heard reports that logging jabber 11.8 show all contact successfully.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes the solution which Cisco TAC provided was to convert the local users as IM&P users.

Not sure why the same users works in Jabber 11.8 version upon adding as a Contact but not in 11.9 for which there is no response from Cisco TAC.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

navidsyed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Frank,

Have you heard anything from Cisco about this?

-Navid

Hi,

we have exact the same problem.

Any solutions yet?

Regards,

Florian

Yes the solution which Cisco TAC provided was to convert the local users as IM&P users.

Not sure why the same users works in Jabber 11.8 version upon adding as a Contact but not in 11.9 for which there is no response from Cisco TAC.

No, I didn't end up engaging Cisco on this one.  In my case there were some discrepancies with the users generated IM address, so I updated the IM address scheme and regenerate all IM addresses (this is a relatively new install).  Once I did that the problems with contacts seemed to correct themselves.