Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 12.9

mmaamm238
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

A few days ago I saw that my phone services was not working on android phone.

I understand that jabber updated to 12.9

I removed it and installed 12.8 and now it is working.

I did not find anything special in 12.9 release notes.

My versions:

CUCM: 11.5.1.12900-21

IM&P: 11.5.1.12900-25

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What troubleshooting did you do when it wasn't working?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The error is: Can not connect to CUCM server. Check your network settings.

That's just the error you saw, if you didn't review a PRT or server logs/traces there's no way to tell what happened. 

HTH

java

Dear Jaime

I attached the jabber log.

I faced with almost the same issue.

Android - Jabber 12.9, Expressways - 12.6. Working awfull, eveng presence services won't come up. This matters only when you use MRA (expressways, outside your network) and Android-based devices. Apple devices work perfect. TAC reported that there is an issue with these versions. Workaround is to disable Apple push in jabber-config (meanwhile Apple devices continue to work as designed and Android devices accidently stat to work). But then - wait for new versions...

I think this is:
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvv12541

If you have a case open - is this interaction with UCM 12.5+ or the SU3 release? If you didn't end up on one of the pulled or bugged X12.5 releases maybe hold off. I was going to upgrade next week but I would rather not upgrade versus change the configuration for thousands of BOT devices.

Hi ,

we have over 100K -Jabbers working on HCS ,with current CUCM 11.5.2.sux = 99% of the issues , it is hard to get the PRT logs from end users and lots of time wasted on this .

when I looked at the version 12.9 , it says you can remotely get PRT logs -for user related issues , would you be able to share the steps/process of getting the PRT logs remotely , also will this version of Jabbber works with CUCM 11.5.? to gather the PRT logs?

Thank you .

Jabber 12.9 RNs points to the documents where that info can be found, have you reviewed those docs?

HTH

java