Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 9.1 doesn't resolve extension numbers

lra-fg-ger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In version 9.0 Cisco Jabber resolves every number of incoming calls to the corrsponding name in Active Directory. In Version 9.1 it doesn't work anymore for calls from internal phones. It only shows the extension number. Obviously Jabber gets the extension number from the VoIP system and can't find it in AD. But why did it work with 9.0

regards

Ralph

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

They're pretty straighforward.

E.g. your example of

+49123456778

Say your extensions are 4-digit, and all start with 6.

You'd want:

name: Internal-Extensions-6XXX

desc: whatever you like

Number Begins with : 6

Number of digits : 4

Digits to Remove: 0

Prefix: +4912345

Then save, and remember to run the dialrules COP and restart Jabber.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It could be a bug or something - how is your directory system configured in jabber-config.xml?

Have you (assuming you aren't using SSL with AD) tried doing a packet capture to see whether it is looking up anything against AD? If not, do that, and also post up a PRT.

I presume you are on 9.1.3?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hello Aaron,

my jabber-config.xml :

- - presence - EDI 0 1

If I call from my mobile to the my telephone Jabber resolves the number correctly. Also when I write the extension number to the otherTelephone Attribute in AD. So the AD request is working generally. Is it possible to solve the problem by a dialing rule? For example: Always add the prefix +49123456778 if the number has 4 digits?

regards Ralph

Hi Ralph

You'll need to tell me exactly what type of number you have populated in each phone-related attribute in AD to be able to advise.

I'm guessing that maybe you have full E164 or similar in telephonenumber, and the 4-digit extension previously matched that? And now it doesn't?

There was a bug where incoming numbers would match any old thing in Outlook based on the last four digits - I suspect that rule might also have applied to directory lookups and they're removed that to fix the bug. If that's the case, then yes, you should have directory lookup rules configured to map your 4-digits to what you have in the AD.

Aaron

Exactly. Could you please give me an example for such a lookup rule?

Ralph

Hi

They're pretty straighforward.

E.g. your example of

+49123456778

Say your extensions are 4-digit, and all start with 6.

You'd want:

name: Internal-Extensions-6XXX

desc: whatever you like

Number Begins with : 6

Number of digits : 4

Digits to Remove: 0

Prefix: +4912345

Then save, and remember to run the dialrules COP and restart Jabber.

Regards

Aaron

Hi,

it works!

This also resolved the problem with redirection. Without these dial rules you had to click on the redirection option twice fpr selecting an altzernative number. Great job, thank you.

best regards

Ralph