Matthew Hall
Level 4
Level 4

Per the documentation Jabber should look for the following:

1 Environment variable: USERDNSDOMAIN

2 Registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Domain

3 Registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\DhcpDomain

On my windows 7, non- windows domain system:

1. Not set

2. Blank

3. Correct.

Yet my jabber client will not initiated dns SRV record discovery.  It appears from the logs that it isn't even checking DhcpDomain entry.  Wireshark shows now dns lookup is even attempted.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is the documentation wrong?

Help is appreciated.

6 Replies 6

npitra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Matthew,

I will investigate this, and come back with informations as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Nenad

nklecak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Metthew,

This feature is working fine in my environment, so I think that I could help you.

I am not sure I completely understand what you described.

First of all, is your machine in a domain or not?

And when you issue a command "echo %UserDnsDomain%" in cmd, what is the return value?

Thanks,

Niksa

Niksa, it comesback with %UserDnsDomain%, if I issue a "set" at the command line, it shows nothing set for this variable, which is why I would expect it to carry on down the list to DhcpDomain from the registery (well from the dhcp server) as it should.

Thanks

Matt

Try this comand:

Open cmd as admin, and type

msiexec /i c:\....\CiscoJabberSetup.msi TYPE=CUP DOMAIN=domain.com

I'm pretty sure this will work Niksa, but this means that it won't be pulling the info from DhcpDomain as stateded in the documentation.  I'm thinking that they just need to remove that as it doesn't really support it.

Thanks

I belive if you disable UAC, everithing will work fine. Also I new bug is created regarding this issue:

CSCuh06072

Thanks

Niksa