cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber and AnyConnect issues

fluthi
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who has had a problem ranging about 2 years now.  He's had 2 machines during this time, one with Win 7, and the current with Win 10, and the same issue persists.  He uses Cisco AnyConnect to connect to the work servers from home.   After about 5-15 minutes, he loses all access to Google sites (can still get to Yahoo etc) and Jabber.  His primary program that he is using remains up and running the entire time.  The usual fix is to reset his computer, and then he's able to access again for some time until it crashes out again.    

I saw a fix that if I disabled the QUIC protocol in google chrome that it may work out.  We did this, and it seemed to work for the first night of VPN without dropping out.  A week later, he tried again and after 5 minutes, Google sites and Jabber went down.  

Also, when he disconnects from VPN back to his regular WiFi at home, Jabber and Google sites come back up.  

I've tossed it to the VPN guys and they say that nothing is wrong with his account.  

Ideas? 

Frank

0 Replies 0