Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber and Voicemail Access

alfonso.cornejo
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I've configured CUCM and IM&P v9.1 and jabber client 9.2(1), the  chat and the calls work fine but when I try to log in Phone Accounts -> Voicemail I get an error about the credentials, I have all integrated with Active Directory and the user and password that I'm using for voicemail is the same that I use to log in the jabber client wich worked fine.

Here I attached the error screen.

What do you think can be causing this??

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

LDAP integration just add you ability to use one password for all services (so user won't have to enter it again).

You can use VM withoud LDAP ... but then user will have to enter his creditentials in Jabber Options.

If you sync your VM users from CUCM (not LDAP sync) just change Web Application password for this user and try to enter it in Jabber.

Cheers

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

alfonso.cornejo
Level 3
Level 3

At the end I did the integration CUC - LDAP and it worked!

The  documentation doesn't tell you that the CUC - LDAP integration is a  must in order to have the Voicemail working in the Jabber. (Or I didn't  find it)

Hi Alfonso,

Are you sure about the statement "CUC-LDAP integration is a must" in order to have voicemail working in Jabber?

If the environment doesn't have LDAP, means they can't use Voicemail over Jabber?

TIA

Hi,

LDAP integration just add you ability to use one password for all services (so user won't have to enter it again).

You can use VM withoud LDAP ... but then user will have to enter his creditentials in Jabber Options.

If you sync your VM users from CUCM (not LDAP sync) just change Web Application password for this user and try to enter it in Jabber.

Cheers

Thanks Lukasz!

Hi Orochi,

In my case, I had my cucm integrated with ldap and in my cuc I  imported the users from the cucm not directly from LDAP and as far as I can see that doesn't work.

I guess if you have your cucm integrated with ldap you must integrate your cuc with ldap too in order to have the credencials for cucm and cuc syncronized, it seems that cuc does not import the LDAP password from cucm.

I tested the option that Lukasz explained but it didn't work for me, I guess is 'cause my LDAP scenario and maybe it will work in a local cucm users scenario.

Regards,

Hi every body,

I have some problems but not with all the users, is only working with 3 users and the rest of them don't work, I attached the errors that I get when I try to log in Telephony Accounts in the Jabber, I used the Jabber of one User, and from here I introduce my credentials (user and password) and I can get the voice mails (only from de 3 users that is woriking fine), but when I introduce the credentials of the other user I get the error and Can't get the voicemails.

The 127.23.0.7 is the IP address of the Cisco Unity Connection.

Please Help Me I'm stuck with this!

Hi Miguel,

How are you importing the users to UC??? if you are doing it from the cucm try importing them directly from ldap.

That worked for me.

Regards,

Ashrafxx
Level 1
Level 1

Had same problem and followed this guide to the letter: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_5/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber/configure_voicemail.html and still didn't work even when i changed the service profile settings using this article http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber-windows/116517-problem-jabber-00.html

eventually deleted the user and imported from ldap instead of cucm and it started working. 

thanks for the advice.