Jabber Android - Configuration Issue

dneggers1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi There,

Please consider the following details:

• We have MRA  via Expressway.
  • We also have cloud Webex.
  • Our service discovery domain is the same as our cloud webex domain (basically mail address)

When Mobile Jabber clients are doing the initial service discovery, they are trying to login to Webex Messenger, since we are a Webex customer.

I realise we can "Exclude" Webex discovery as part of the login process, but we have found the following:

• iOS Devices work fine, with both an emailed config URL & also Air watch provided configuration (EMM)
  • Android devices seem to ignore the Airwatch EMM configuration
  • Due to Android limitations, they also cannot use the configuration URL link from an email etc.
  • The only way we can get this working is if the user installs Mozilla on the device, manually copies and paste's the config URL into Mozilla. this is too clunky and non user friendly for our users.

This leaves us a dilemma for all our mobile users using Android devices..

Has anyone else seen this with Android & Air watch? I dont understand why it works for iOS and not for Android.

Cheers

Dion

2 Replies 2

md2tooetrade
Level 1
Level 1

Dion,

Did you find a solution to this issue?

Thanks, Mike

Hi Mike,

Cisco can actually disable the Webex CAS lookup from their side, which means you wont be able to run Cloud Messenger.. 

But this is fine if you are running on premise IMP with MRA externally..

Just log a TAC case with Cisco.. let me know if you have drama's Ill lookup my old TAC case for reference..

Working well!

Cheers