cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Call / Chat Count Displayed in History

stevenle
Spotlight
Spotlight

Does anyone know where the number of chat messages / call counts displayed in history is modified? I can't seem to find the chat history settings in my IMP server or call count history for Jabber. CUCM and IMP 11.5.1. In Group and Persistent Chat Settings on my IMP server I see a chat history count default of 15 but I have many more saved in my Jabber client (11.8). Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Local chat history is a fixed value of 100 messages per conversation, the values you see for persistent chat are for how many messages will be retrieved from the DB to be shown initially after you load the room in the client.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

In the chat section I see all my different chats with different employees in the org. Where can I modify the amount of chats listed? Not so much the messages within each chat, but the chats themselves. 

In the recents tab, there are also a list of calls. Where can I modify the amount of call records kept in this section? 

I'm afraid neither one can be configured

HTH

java

Can I at least see where the configuration is? Someone is asking what the total chats and calls that are displayed in the client are. Seems like a simple question but I can't seem to find an answer.

This is from an FAQ

Q) Does Jabber for windows support local IM history

A) yes, Jabber for windows will create a history of the last 99 messages in an IM conversation. These will shown in a greyed out state to indicate history when a IM conversation is opened. When a conversation reaches 100 messages the client will loop and overwrite the history. 

https://communities.cisco.com/thread/28245

I don't know of any limit for call history, but they should be kept for 30 days and then removed.

All the above is hardcoded in the product, there is no setting you can see or change

HTH

java

Thanks for the assist. I opened up a case just to get specifics. My boss wants to know exactly the amount of chats and calls that can be kept.