Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber can't authenticate after end user settings change

Hi guys . I tested bat file I created with 2 users to update their enduser settings and add them additional roles . After test was done 1-2 hours later Jabber lost connection to IM&Presence server . The next day it connects to server but "ur username or password is not correct ".  We have LDAP sync-d w/ CUCM&IM&Presence, so users logs in w their AD credentials.

IM&Presence server shows 2 users (test users)  in "All unassigned users" group and the rest of the users are ok. Jabber is 11.1.0.

I'll attach that bat file .

2 Replies 2

Finally I fixed this issue:

user A : CSF has different userid - Did my bat file changed it ?? jabber of user A was working before, I am not sure what CSF he had at that time. I changed it to correct one> save> reset and fixed (killing jabber or resetting it doesnt fix issue) .

user B : has wrong sip profile in CSF,  again I am not sure was it changed with my bat file , because user B had jabber working before too.  I corrected sip profile , save-reset -fixed.

or I forgot to mention i did uncheck -save - check option "Enable User for Unified CM IM and Presence (Configure IM and Presence in the associated UC Service Profile)" under end user.   so u need to go one by one to each user and do check-save -uncheck-save.

the problem was when u do update users w/ bat file even setting enable IP&presence shows checked in web u must uncheck then check it again then u will be able to login to jabber. if u have many users so u can find that option in excel bat.xlt file and create first file w false (turn it off) then true (turn it on) of the option en ip and presence upload them and run .