cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Chat history, not queuing up to most recent chat on new chats

hallinanpv1
Level 4
Level 4

CUCM and IMP 11.5.1`, Jabber 12.5   Frustrated clients after updating to 12.5 that when they get a new message from someone and select the pop up notification the window will open, not at the most recent message, but several messages back in the history, so they have to scroll to see the newest chat.  This has caused some supervisors to stop using the client claiming frustration with this (1st world problems, i know).   I opened a TAC case and TAC advised that on versions after 12.1 that this is preferred/expected behavior, that it was an enhancement built into the client.

Notwithstanding that i think this is an ill conceived enhancement can some please test your environment and see if you have the same issue?

1. Close chat window, make a note of where the last chat you engaged in with other person was.

2. have them send you a test chat

3. see if the window opens to the most current chat or somewhere else in chat history.

We have validated in our environment that people still on 12.1 queue up to the most current message.   What TAC said about queueing up to the last place you were at in the conversation does not make sense however.   We have noted that sometimes you are a day back, sometimes more; even though you have reviewed the most recent messages.

All of my other messaging platforms open to the newest message, not sure why they would consider this an enhancement.

Thanks in advance for any testing and/or comments to confirm.

2 Replies 2

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I tested your scenario in my environment. We are using CUCM and IMPS 12.0 and Cisco Jabber 12.5. When someone sends me chat messages and when I open the chat window, it takes me to the recent message. I did not encounter an issue that you mentioned.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

I believe this issue happens on Apple devices only.  I'm experiencing this and receiving numerous complaints.  We are using Jabber 12.5.  Please advise if there's a fix or updated code that allows Mac users to see the most recent message first.