Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber client keeps disconnecting

robertchung1
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning members,

I have Jabber version 11.9.0 running on Windows 7. The client loads up fine, but keeps disconnecting from the CUPS server. It will show the person online, but then randomly disconnects and reconnects. I upgraded to the latest version of Jabber to hopefully resolve the issue, but the issue remains. When Jabber is connected, you can see others available/online, but they do not receive the message one has one sent them.

The CUPS server is running on version 9.1.1.31900-1 and has been rebooted. And my CUCM is on version 9.1.2.13900-10. 

Looking at the IM and Presence Services (via the IM and Presence Serviceability menu), the following services are in the 'Not Running' state, even though they are started and restarted.

Cisco XCP Text Conference Manager

Cisco XCP XMPP Federation Connection Manager

Cisco XCP Message Archiver

Cisco XCP Directory Service

Anyone else experienced this issue and managed to resolve it? Any comments/thoughts are most appreciated.

Robert

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You want to get a PRT and probably a sniffer as well, to try to pinpoint why this is happening.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for your reply. I have Wireshark as my sniffer, but what is PRT please?

Thanks

Problem Reporting Tool in Jabber

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for clarifying that. I browse to the following directory for the Jabber logs:

C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Logs

When I copy and paste or drag/drop the log file into TranslatorX, I receive the error attached. The file is just text file, not a .zip file.

Am I putting in the correct file or doing something wrong for TranslatorX not to read the log file?