cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber client: no audio between VPN users through vpn concentrator

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

i configured jabber client and calls can be establish and can make calls without any issue.

but when the users are connected through vpn, calls are established but they are unable to hear any audio on both sides. ie user in vpn to user in vpn not able to listen voice each other.

i know its routing issue. VPN concentrator is secunet SINA.

for security policy reason we can make this users route each other just for jabber client reason.

what is the best way to get audio each other through VPN? will expressway solve this issue? very urgent situation.

please help me how i can solve this issue?

For your kind information, we cannot avoid vpn calls. we must use vpn and call must be through vpn.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

At last we solved this issue after implementing expressway using VPN concentrator.

ie expressway inside VPN connection.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

You should start checking the firewall ports as the one way audio mostly could be either routing or firewall related.  Below are the list of ports/protocols

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_C04C09E7_00_cisco-jabber-110-planning-guide/CJAB_BK_C04C09E7_00_cisco-jabber-110-planning-guide_chapter_010.html#CJAB_RF_P3A082A9_00

If you use Expressways then you don't have to use vpns. . Expressways are highly secure firewall traversal which is basically a VPNless Jabber. 

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

thank you for the reply.

our situation is different. we have one vpn concentrator and firewall is behind the vpn concentrator.
calls are establishing and no audio afterwards happening. since there is no firewall into play its surely from vpn concentrator. vpn concentrator doesnt look firewall feature. only NAT/routing is available it seems.

if we route vpn users for the sake of jabber calls it will be a security concern for the client. so how to overcome here.

i too know that expressway is vpnless solution. but cisco employee itself suggested that to use expressway inside vpn solution in order to avoid no audio situation.

Im not very sure how good this solution will work.

At last we solved this issue after implementing expressway using VPN concentrator.

ie expressway inside VPN connection.