cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber-config.xml not being downloaded or being ignored

arielroza
Level 1
Level 1

I have a preexisting installation CUCM 10.5.2 that I am troubleshooting.

Jabber for Windows clients ask for Webex credentials for login, although the jabber-config.xml file exists and is configured to exclude Webex services.

I have checked every possibility and can´t see what I´m missing here.

The jabber-config contents are this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
<Policies>
<ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices>WEBEX</ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices>
</Policies>
<Directory>
<DirectoryServerType>UDS</DirectoryServerType>
</Directory>
</config>

I have tried Jabber clients 11.6.4 and 11.8.2

The file is loaded to both TFTP serves in the cluster

It´s accessible via URL

The name is lowercase and the format is UTF-8

I restarted the TFTP servers when needed

The Cisco Support Field in the CSF device is empty.

In the Jabber Client I used the Diagnostics Tool (CTRL-SHIFT-D) and checked that all setings are ok.
I reset the client, cleared all the files under %APPDATA%\Local\Cisco\ and %APPDATA%\Roaming\Cisco and restarted the client.

The Jabber Client can log on, if done manually, specifiing the "Callmanager 9 "mode and the server name/IP. If I switch to Automatic, it asks for Webex credentials (My customer has a couple of Webex accounts, but not enough for all the enterprise, hence he wants avoid Webex).

I checked the jabber.log, but I didn't get any clues.

Is there anything I am missing from the process?

Regards,

Ariel.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

Are you using DNS SRV? If so, which SRV was configured? To me... it sounds like you're using _cisco-uds._tcp.<domain>. If so, WebEx might be configured as the primary server under CUCM via Service Profile.

However, Jabber could be discovering WebEx via CAS URL... this would override DNS and you would be prompted to enter your WebEx credentials.

If so, you can try re-installing Cisco Jabber but this time... try defining the following parameters; CLEAR, AUTHENTICATOR and EXCLUDED_SERVICES. When you run the install, it would look something like this;

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi /quiet CLEAR=1 AUTHENTICATOR=CUP EXCLUDED_SERVICES=WEBEX

When you launch Cisco Jabber, it looks at the jabber-bootstrap file before anything else. The settings defined by the bootstrap file, along with jabber-config-defaults.xml provides a user baseline. The jabber-config.xml is referenced during the login process... which is already too late. Again, try excluding WebEx within the bootstrap file and let me know what happens.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

Are you using DNS SRV? If so, which SRV was configured? To me... it sounds like you're using _cisco-uds._tcp.<domain>. If so, WebEx might be configured as the primary server under CUCM via Service Profile.

However, Jabber could be discovering WebEx via CAS URL... this would override DNS and you would be prompted to enter your WebEx credentials.

If so, you can try re-installing Cisco Jabber but this time... try defining the following parameters; CLEAR, AUTHENTICATOR and EXCLUDED_SERVICES. When you run the install, it would look something like this;

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi /quiet CLEAR=1 AUTHENTICATOR=CUP EXCLUDED_SERVICES=WEBEX

When you launch Cisco Jabber, it looks at the jabber-bootstrap file before anything else. The settings defined by the bootstrap file, along with jabber-config-defaults.xml provides a user baseline. The jabber-config.xml is referenced during the login process... which is already too late. Again, try excluding WebEx within the bootstrap file and let me know what happens.