Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber CSF device not registered but phone works

Capitalprophets
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

User currently uses IPC for everything. He complained that his jabber is able to login fine but does not have phone functionality. I went ahead and created him a CSF and applied appropriate UC service profile in End User. I logged him out reset his jabber client and logged him back in. His phone seems to work now and is able to dial calls in his Jabber client. However, his CSF device in CM is not registering.

Is somehow IPC device taken control of his Jabber client to make calls?

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nope, Jabber cannot accidentally use the CIPC device to register; however, it could be performing deskphone control of the CIPC device if both are running concurrently. Check the lower-left corner of the Jabber hub window and make sure that it’s in softphone mode.

Thank you. Is that normal behavior? I noticed that happen with another user. CM ver 11.5.1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So, Jabber is working, you can make and receive calls, but the status in CUCM shows as not registered?

What do you see in show connection status?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The CTI service is not connected at the time CSF was unregistered however desk phone service was connected. Explains the CSF showing unregistered.