cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPhone simultaneous ring

kfudge1980
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone run into the issue of simultaneous ringing of the Jabber client and deskphone don't work? It was working fine until I upgraded the Dual Mode for iPhone on CUCM.

7 Replies 7

I had the same problem..

I found out that the dnd was active on the iphone device on the cucm. Dont know why this was active, but this was the solution

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Alas not enabled on mine. I have also noticed that the app doesn't seem to be keeping wireless awake anymore. This has also been since I installed the latest iphone device pack on the CUCM.

ElwinMkanyika
Level 1
Level 1

Funnily, am having the same issue. But am running CME not CUCM

I am starting to believe they broke the iphone client with its last update.

Any success in solving the issue? Do we happen to be using the same desktop type? 3905?? I was thinking of trying a different phone???

I am using 7962Gs and 8961s. Still nothing. As I said I think it is a jabber client issue not a CUCM issue.

Just getting through my first iPhone jabber deployment and I noticed the simultaneous ring issue too.  I'm running the lastest Jabber client (9.1.1 ??) on IOS6.1 with CUCM 8.6/CUPS 8.6.4.

I noticed that on the Cisco Dual-mode for iPhone device page, the DND was on (checked) for several users even though they don't know how they "turned it on".  The only DND option is Call Reject which essentially doesn't ring the jabber client.  Uncheck the DND, and things work.  But how did that DND get checked?????

Now I have also seen on my phone that an incoming call will display (ringing) on the screen - but I don't hear the Cisco ring tone.  Even after selecting NORMAL / LOUD I don't hear anything.

What is up with this wonky client???