cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 9.05 Feedback/Requests/Questions

Atllp_rtutt
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to configure ignoring im users like there was in cupc 8.5 or before?

Is there a way to get the Font/color to persist for more then one message?

Having issues getting the update feature working from the client. (not sure where to get started)

How do I tell if the server is keeping chat logs.

When will outlook contacts (not Global Adress List) be searchable as well to add to you user list to facilitate calling them w/o having to go into outlook.

This worked in the older cupc clients.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We cannot answer "when will" questions here. The answers require a NDA until the product ships. You can repost these questions to the private Collaboration User Group though.

Having issues getting the update feature working from the client. (not sure where to get started)

The Jabber Admin Guide explains the needed values in the jabber-config.xml file. While on the subject of an HTTP server you may want to consider the Problem Report Tool Repository.

IM Archiving is done silently by the CUP server; the client has no indication that it is happening.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

• Is there a way to configure ignoring im users like there was in cupc 8.5 or before?
  • Is there a way to get the Font/color to persist for more then one message?
  • When will outlook contacts (not Global Adress List) be searchable as  well to add to you user list to facilitate calling them w/o having to go  into outlook.

All the above 3 will be available in Jabber 9.1 release targetted at the end of October. You can try the beta version by signing up

via the following link (involved completing 2 surveys – EAP and j4w EAP)

- https://communities.cisco.com/community/technology/collaboration/eap_signup

Thanks,

Maqsood

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We cannot answer "when will" questions here. The answers require a NDA until the product ships. You can repost these questions to the private Collaboration User Group though.

The Jabber Admin Guide explains the needed values in the jabber-config.xml file. While on the subject of an HTTP server you may want to consider the Problem Report Tool Repository.

IM Archiving is done silently by the CUP server; the client has no indication that it is happening.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

• Is there a way to configure ignoring im users like there was in cupc 8.5 or before?
  • Is there a way to get the Font/color to persist for more then one message?
  • When will outlook contacts (not Global Adress List) be searchable as  well to add to you user list to facilitate calling them w/o having to go  into outlook.

All the above 3 will be available in Jabber 9.1 release targetted at the end of October. You can try the beta version by signing up

via the following link (involved completing 2 surveys – EAP and j4w EAP)

- https://communities.cisco.com/community/technology/collaboration/eap_signup

Thanks,

Maqsood

I got that link to work after I joined the users group. Thanks!