Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for windows in a multi forest directory Integration

KRISHNA K V
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of our customer is having CUCM/UNITY CONNECTION/PRESENCE. They have multiple forest and they want to integrate CUCM, Unity connection and presence Directory Integration in  a multi forest environment. I found out that CUCM and unity connection can be integrated with multiple forest . https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16356 contains the procedure to do that. Now the cusotmer want to roll out jabber for windows. I need to check if jabber for windows support multiforest directory integration. Please let me know if its supported or not.

Krishna.

4 Replies 4

etamminga
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

We and our customer is currently doing the same. We installed ad-lds for the multi-Forrest topology and have cucm, cuc and cups synced to that. So far no issues. But, jabber for windows currently doesn't do Adam/ad-lds integration. We reverted the jabber for windows client to use UDS. Which now connects to ad-lds indirectly via cucm.

You require 8.6(2) on the cucm side for this.

Regards,

Erik

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HI Erik, have a query.  we have a requirement of using jabber in multi forest environment( 5 forests). In this environment, you have mentioned that we have install an additional server and make it as AD-LDS. Is my understanding right? You also have mentioned that Jabber doesnt support the AD-LDS. How to overcome this?

Regards,

Venkat

Hi Venkat,

Yes, we installed a Windows 2008 with AD-LDS. Configured CUCM to sync to this AD-LDS and then configured Jabber to use UDS (CUCM 8.6(2) feature). This way Jabber has (indirect) access to the multi-forrest AD data.

Used this document to configure the AD-LDS (https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16356

Regards,
Erik

PS. One thing we learned in this is that you've got to be carefull on selecting the "user-id" field. We initially used "mail" as the user id to make sure all accounts are unique but found out that when using Extension Mobility the user-id input on the phone doesn't accept very long usernames (which you might encounter when integrating based on the mail attribute).

HI Eric, thanks for the reply. Have you got the AD-LDS deployed on existing AD or new server?

Regards,

Venkat