Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows LDAP authentication - doubts

jennykim99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to get users to be able to login to their Jabber for Windows clients under the following scenarios:

1.  cucm is synchronized with LDAP.  All users are created locally.  I can successfully login with Jabber for Windows and Jabber for MAC.

2.  cucm is synchronized with LDAP, but LDAP authentication is disabled.  All passwords are locally authenticated with CUCM.  With this scenario, I cannot login with either Jabber for Windows or MAC.  I can successfully login to the cucm and cups user pages, however.

3.  cucm is fully synchronized and authenticated with LDAP.  Everyone logs in ok.

cucm is 8.6(1), cups is 8.6(3)

my question is, why can I not login to Jabber under scenario #2?  Where can I find the logic of how Jabber checks credentials when it tries to login?

thanks

1 Reply 1

damian-diaz
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem.

Currently I have a password set in CUCM. When I change this password (we are working without LDAP sync) this is not updated for Jabber.

The problem is that, when I try to log-in jabber using the new pass I can´t. However if I use the old password I can log-in. This happens after restarting the application completely too.

I really appreciate your help.

Regards....