Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber for windows not working using automatic login

aneesh abraham
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am facing an issue with jabber for windows, it is giving me an error 'unable to contact server' when I try to login automatically, if I try to login manually (specifying CUCM IP address) it is working. we created SRV records on our internal domain and jabber for Android and Iphone is working fine with automatic login. CUCM and IMP version is 10.5.2. Can anyone help me to find the reason, also find attached jabber log

Thanks,

Aneesh

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can simply search for "error" to find some clues, have you tried that?

What troubleshooting have you done so far??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for reply. I could find an error saying couldn't resolve cucm hostname, but when I tried from the system I was able to ping cucm using hostname, even the SRV are also fine if I use nslookup from the PC.

Thanks

Have you tried deleting the cache?? or resetting the Jaber client??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

yes I already tried deleting cache and resetting jabber, what confusing me is jabber for android is working for the same user. also if I try to login manually I am able to login , only issue with automatic login.

Thanks,

aneesh abraham
Level 1
Level 1

Guys, Can anyone please help me to point out any possible reasons for this ?  one thing I am confusing is all PCs are in a .local domain and users are trying to login using .com domain, SRV are configured in .com domain. I can see SRV records for .com is resolved in jabber logs. 

Thanks.