Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for windows on cucm 10.5

Faisal.Saoud
Level 3
Level 3

Hi 

I have CUCM ver 10.5 and Jabber for windows ver 11.9 and after create the device and enduser, and tried to login, its appear error  "cannot communicate the server". why?

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Did you configure Service Discovery? If not I suggest reading the planning and on-premise implementation guides.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_9/cjab_b_documentation-guide-for-cisco-jabber.html

I can't find this service "Cisco Sync Agent" in the services, and can you type steps for configure service discovery.

Hi,

any update. I haven't expressway or vcs. I only need to register jabber with the internal wifi corporate. How can I do that. Is I need to use the DNS resolve or not to do that solution.

Sync Agent is controllable through the Cisco Unified Servicibility interface on the IM&P servers.

Yes, you need DNS. The _cisco-uds SRV record will point Jabber clients to CUCM. Without it, you would need to manually configure the Jabber client to point at the correct server - a really bad idea should you ever want to change the hostname or IP of the server.

Jabber is more involved to setup than CIPC was because you need to configure a contact/directory source (eg UDS vs. CDI), likely application and directory lookup rules, service profiles, a jabber-config.xml file, and various ancilllary features depending on requirements such as managed file transfer. If you’re doing this alone without a partner engineer who [should have] done this before it will probably take you a week (or two if you also needed MRA) of reading and testing to get it fully setup.