Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows: Starts with strange logged out screen with no display name

Emiliwoe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i am trying to explain this as good as i can, i dont have printscreen yet but i will make one when it happens again:

in our company we got domain users on local machines and  terminal server users. On the TS jabber always works perfectly; it starts when the users logs in on their account automatically connects with their AD user.

On local machines 80% of the time the same thing happens. Only once or twice a week when the user logs in and jabber starts, but he only see's 'display name' where his real name should be and all his contacts names are changed in name@company.local also all the status information is gone. 

When you log out and press the renew button under your login information and login again on jabber with your AD user, it works again.

But does anyone know why this happens? its been going for years and i have updated jabber many times at the clients. 

Thanks for reading!

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like maybe the local cache is timing out and then the connection to the directory source is failing, I'd get a PRT of when this happens and review the logs, and/or open a TAC case if this has been an on-going issue.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate