cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber - Found equivalent person

Ferry
Level 1
Level 1

Has anybody encountered something like the following issue?

One user has a weird problem, has contact name in his Jabber changes rapidly after logon to his Jabber client, doesn't matter which device he uses. 1 or 2 seconds his name is in the Jabber client, and it changes to an other user's name.

All information is equal to the rest of the users, removed the local stored folders, checked all the info in the CUCM 10.5 and AD....

It has to be a profile problem otherwise there would have been more users complaining about this.

Jabber version on windows 11.8.4. 

Few pieces from the local log file>

DEBUG [0x00000c9c] [\main\person\PersonManagerImpl.cpp(1246)] [csf.person] [csf::person::PersonManagerImpl::addRecords] - Found equivalent person

[CSFUnified::PresenceServiceImpl::NotifyContactPresenceUpdated] - PresenceServiceImpl::NotifyContactPresenceUpdated:

[JABBER_CLIENT_USER_DISPLAY_NAME] skipLocal : [0]  value: "Other user name"

3 Replies 3

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, when I had the LDAP Proxy Search enabled I was seeing this. It looked the JID was being used to search in name fields and was returning the wrong record. I just turned it off and it works fine since.

My example was a person with JID "lisah " who is married and name is "Lisa Smith" . When enabling the UDS LDAP Proxy her details were being replaced with "Lisa Halverson" which would appear if you did a name search with her JID.

Hi Adam,

Yes we use the use the short naming for the phone system and Jabber "Trigram", 3 to 6 letters depending if you are an external or internal user.

The users discribed has the Trigram WBO, the user equivalent has the Trigram DBA. As I can see in the log file, Jabber can't somehow find the user WBO and picks the first user in the contactlist as the default user.

Ferry
Level 1
Level 1

After a long search i've found the unlikely solution...

Somehow his own account was added in his contact list, with the name of the first contact of his list.

removing the account did the trick.

Many thanks for the people who helped me think it through....