cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Home window pops up by itself continuously

Greg Little
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.  My Cisco Jabber 'Home" window (which shows my contact list) keeps popping up every few minutes while I am typing.  Oftentimes, I am composing an email or writing notes and all of a sudden the Jabber window will open and a few words of my email or notes will enter into the Search bar before I realize it opened itself up.  This has been happening for the last few weeks on a daily basis, multiple times per day.  As far as I can see, there is no rhyme or reason as to why.  No events (like a new chat or incoming call) are triggering it; it just randomly opens up and takes the focus from whatever application I am working in.  This is extremely annoying!!!!!!!  Please help.  

I have Jabber set-up to stay open in the tray so that I can receive chats and phone calls (we use the softphones), but I don't want that "home" window to EVER open by itself.  I am very close to simply killing the application and using my mobile phone for calls (and having all softphone calls go straight to voicemail) rather than the softphone because my productivity the rest of the day is more important.

15 Replies 15

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Never heard of that happening, OS and Jabber version??

Does someone else have the same behavior, with same versions??

If you're an end user, you want to reach out to your local IT department as well.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Windows 8.1 Pro

Jabber 10.6.4.63238

I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same problem.  That's why I posted it here to find out if there were any solutions because I couldn't find anything on the web.

Same problem here with Win 7 pro

Jabber 11.5.2

Some users also have the Custom Tab that pops up into IE randomly

I also have this problem and no one can fix it.  It is extremely frustrating and disruptive to my work flow.

Please can someone post a solution!

TIA

I am also using a Bluetooth Plantronics phone with Jabber and was having this issue.  I think the solution (works for me) is to leave the little Bluetooth usb connector in your computer BUT do not plug the base charger into the computer usb.  Plug that into something else that can charge the base.  For some reason, that base tries to route any notifications thru the headset when it is plugged in.  So once I unplugged the base charger from the pc, I did not get the cisco window to sporadically activate while typing emails etc.   I hope this works for you!

Also wanted to mention I have the Plantronics voyager series Bluetooth headset.  I unplug the base usb charger from my pc and plug that into the wall plug.  In the morning, I take the headset off the base (since it is fully charged) and use it till it needs recharging.  Taking it off the base is key here as well.  Not sure what is going on, but when it sits in the base, your notifications will be routed through jabber somehow??  Or something else triggers the jabber window to suddenly activate if your headset sits on the charger.  So my workaround seems to solve this problem.

Same issue here

• Windows 10
  • Jabber 11.5.1
  • Plantronics Voyager series Bluetooth headset.

I've tested whatever posted here and nothing

I plugged the base on the wall plug, but the effect is exactly the same, in fact it seems like the headset sends some signal to pop up jabber every 6 minutes in my case, and every time I return the headset to the base.

Must be something in Plantronics driver!!

Please Help!!!!!!!

this is quite annoying!! 

Yes, I have mine plugged into the wall, and it still happens.  I simply stopped using Jabber.  I had IT give me a desk phone and I use the MDA200 to connect the desk phone to my Voyager.

Jabber is just terrible and is obviously not robust enough to use with the most common headset vendor.

Il really think you can solve the problem by just taking the headset off the base in the morning (It will be fully charged) and this prevents it from intercepting notifications or whatever Windows is doing to steal the cursor into the jabber window.  The base will still be plugged into the wall or computer usb, but if the actual headset is not on the base, this does not occur.    Hope this helps.

I have since gotten a new computer (Surface Pro 4) with Windows 10, and a fresh install of Jabber (same version).  This is still happening.  Is it really that hard to add an option that says "Do not steal the focus ever and don't open yourself unless I open you?"  I don't even care if I don't see calls come in.  I would rather have them go to voicemail than have the window stealing the OS focus randomly multiple times every hour.

Does anyone have anything to fix this, short of blowing up Jabber or dropping it off a cliff in frustration?  It also pops up now anytime that the app for my Plantronics headset displays a message on screen.  Really frustrating!!

Does your Jabber log file show any clues as to what is happening?

No, it doesn't.  It's happened multiple times today.  The last one just happened, but the final log entry is from about 10 min. ago.

2016-09-14 13:46:52,438 DEBUG [0x00000cbc] [\listeners\PresenceEventListener.cpp(73)] [IMPServices] [CSFUnified::PresenceEventListenerImpl::OnPresenceChange] - [uri: "ha@adaptivebiotech.com"][state: Away][customMessage: ""][richPresenceStatus: None][isSelfPresence: 0]

P.S. This happens even when I close the window completely, such that it doesn't show in the taskbar (only in the Notification Area).

My IT department thinks I am crazy! We just introduced soft phones 2 weeks ago and it has been non stop. I am going nuts. I have looked into programs stealing focus and general jabber settings but nothing. I feel like I am a recruiter (my actual job)/ IT person.