Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Persistant Chat Rooms - Missing Visibility

RobjBrown
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

Having recently deployed Jabber 10.5 and Persistent Chat Rooms it appears to be working fine for the most part.

I am however having a problem with Persistent chat rooms and visibility of rooms created. We use Chat System Administrators to moderate the creation of chat rooms, which works fine and the Administrators can create rooms. The problem then comes once a room is created, as it will appear for staff that have been added to the room, under My rooms. However if you haven't been added to the newly created room it isn't appearing under All Rooms. That includes the system administrators.

I've checked that rooms aren't anonymous by default which they aren't. So I'm not sure why these rooms are not appearing. There's nothing obvious in the documentation and would appreciate any guidance.

Kind Regards

Rob

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hey.

sorry for beeing so extremely late with getting back to you all.

We was able to find a soltuion with tack middle of November.

It was a lot of torubleshooting and tried multiple things.

In the end it was the following postgres settings that needed to be changed in the config file:

escape_string_warning = off

standard_conforming_strings = off

Hope this helps you.

-alex

View solution in original post

Yup, that got it. Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

RobjBrown
Level 1
Level 1

Still suffering with this problem, any help would be appreciated :)

Did you find a solution to this?

We are currently having the same issues. it was working before, then we wanted to move to production so we deleted the old databases, and created new ones on a new server and now we have this issue.

Hi Alexander, unfortunately the issue is still ongoing and I can't seem to find the cause.

Thanks for your reply, I will let you know if I find something here.

-alex

Hi Alex,

I now have this raised with TAC, so will hopefully have an answer to what my issue is shortly.

Rob

Did you get a solution to this?

Hey.

sorry for beeing so extremely late with getting back to you all.

We was able to find a soltuion with tack middle of November.

It was a lot of torubleshooting and tried multiple things.

In the end it was the following postgres settings that needed to be changed in the config file:

escape_string_warning = off

standard_conforming_strings = off

Hope this helps you.

-alex

What version of PostGres, Jabber and IM/P are running? I changed those but it didnt fix it.

PostGres is 9.3

Jabber: different versions, 10.x and 11.x

IM/P: 9.1

I had to restart text conference manager and xcp router for the change to work.

also, remember to restart or commit changes to PostGres.

Yup, that got it. Thanks for your help!

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the info, my case is still with TAC on a low level response time. I'll have a look at those amendments and see if it helps. Will post the outcome shortly!

Rob

this resolve my issue. Had to restart XCP as well. thanks!

I had this exact problem.  I had some administrators able to see the persistent chat rooms (private).  However, I couldn't see them in my instance of Jabber (11.9.2.57740).  What I had to do was close Jabber and delete all my Jabber app data (local and Roaming).  When I reopened Jabber I was able to see the persistent chat rooms again.  

I hope this helps someone. 

This helped, rooms are shown in Jabber. Thank you infinitely!