Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber via Expressway

christianbernal
Level 1
Level 1

Good day !!

One question, I configured with this guide www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-1/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-1-1.pdf 

my cluster CUCM version 11 and expressway C - E version X8.7.2, the cisco jabber work fine internally, I try download Cisco Jabber in my android phone, but what is the option ? to configured this without use VPN, via expressway ??

Which option is ??

CUCM IM and presence with the Public IP Address the Expressway E ???

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't choose to use MRA, it will use the _collab-edge SRV record for that.

The service discovery chapter on the Jabber documentation explains how it works.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I already create the two SRV records in the public DNS, collab-edge and sips service, the configuration in the phone set automatic and I login with my complete ID domain user and password ??

Yes, assuming all the configuration is correct, you will register over MRA, just as you would find the servers internally if using SRV records.

HTH

java

Other question the port 8843 is necesary open in the expressway E ??

I revised with online scan tools but don´t work, only show the open ports 22-80-443-5060 in the public ip address the Exp E

Is necesary any license ??

I have the next options keys.

Exp C

0 Rich Media Sessions, Encryption, Interworking, Expressway Series.

Exp E

0 Rich Media Sessions, 1800 TURN Relays, Traversal Server, Encryption, Interworking, Advanced Networking, Expressway Series.

There any tool to verify SRV Recordss Publics ??

Thanks Jaime

The complete list of ports that are required for MRA is covered in the MRA guide.

For MRA you do not need licenses for registration.

You can just use nslookup to verify SRV records or use dig from the google toolbox.

HTH

java