Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber video traffice

anilkumar.cisco
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Friends,

May I know the classification of Qos should be use for jabber versus 9971 ip phone  video traffic

It will be come as 

1) Interactive Video - Sensitive but can tolerate packet loss of about 1% and latency almost same as voice

or  

2) Streaming Video - Less sensitive - can tolerate about 4-5% packet loss and latency of about 4-5 seconds

in  general guideline\standard from Cisco to mark voice with a dscp 46 or ef, Interactive video 34 or af41, Streaming video as dscp 32 or cs4

I am confused which  marking which should i used for video media for jabber and 9971 IP Phone.

Best Regards

Anil Singh

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Of those two choices, it would be Interactive Video. Streaming is for like TV broadcasts on a network. Did you get those from the AutoQoS model? If so, Interactive Video is marked as AF41.

Just remember, QoS design is subjective, in the sense that, not all businesses must adhere to the same QoS model/policy. Therefore, there is no single correct way to deploy it.

According to this one document, it looks like Jabber and 9971 video could be marked as AF41 and considered Multimedia Conferencing.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Video/qosmrn.pdf

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

af41 for video , ef for audio, as per design recommendations, really no different from phones

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.