cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Webex Meeting Status

clarkst12
Level 5
Level 5

Is there anyway to have that Jabber status change to "In a Meeting" or "In a Webex" when a user is actually in a Webex.  Currently, it changes to "In a Meeting" when there is a meeting on the users calendar.  That is different.

Two scenarios:

1) I have a meeting scheduled from 9a-10a and the meeting goes long.  From 9-10, my status will read only "In a Meeting" if I use PC Audio with Webex.  However, at 10:01, it will go back to "Available" even though I'm still in the meeting.

2) I have a meeting scheduled from 2p-3p.  I skip the meeting.  From 2p-3p, it still shows "In a Meeting" obviously because it is only reading my Outlook calendar.  So the same status is shown whether I'm actually in the meeting or not.

Integrating Webex with Jabber doesn't seem to help (you'd think it would), it only allows you to start/join Webex meetings from Jabber.  Am I missing something?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's the default behavior, it will only read from outlook and change to in a meeting, and will only show in a webex meeting when you're actually in a webex meeting, regardless of what you have in your calendar.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_6/cjab_b_parameters-reference-guide-cisco-jabber_12-6/cjab_b_parameters-reference-guide-cisco-jabber_12-6_chapter_01000.html#CJAB_RF_C794CFA0_00

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I get that it is reading your Outlook, but we aren't getting an "In a meeting" when you are in a meeting - see scenario 1 above.

I'm not setting the CalendarWebExMeetingPresence parameter, so according to the documentation, it should default to false.  We aren't getting the "In a Webex meeting" at all ... only "In a meeting" (which comes from Outlook).

Hmmmmmm...