cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Unity Connection User Unable to Access Voicemail Through Jabber

Patrick Sharp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have two Unity Connection users that are imported local CUCM users(not LDAP). I have configured them for Jabber and can login and connect to the IM and Phone services but not the Voicemail service. I'm getting the following error:"You do not have permissions to access this Voicemail server. Contact your voicemail administrator."

I have not been able to find the information for granting permissions to these users in Unity Connection and none of the LDAP users have this issue. I did make sure both the Local CUCM user credentials and the UC Web Application credentials are the same. Any guidance on where I can make the changes needed to give them access?

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Have you done the general configuration steps needed, to integrate Jabber with Voicemail?
Is it working for other users?

Hi, thanks for the response, All the LDAP users can access voicemail from the Jabber App. It's just the two local CUCM users that have this issue.

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If Jabber is using SSO, you cannot use local users with it and voicemail. It will always want to use SSO. If there's a way around it, I was not successful in getting this to work myself (trying to get a user signed into a 'generic' or shared voicemail).

Otherwise perhaps the user was created with a different template not permitting features access? I'm not sure if you can restrict API access via the class of service or not. Some older documentation described an IMAP requirement, with some of that seen in the UC Profile, but as far as I know it just uses CUMI.

Thanks for the reply. I did read that it could be possible even with SSO enabled by making sure that the CUCM and Unity Connection Web Access passwords matched but it's not working for me.

Eric Tucker
Spotlight
Spotlight

Have you configured COS? I have it working fine with SSO (IdP) on 12.5 UCM and 14 CNX. I dont bother with local as everything is AD driven as it pertains to SSO. No IMP Phone mode only.