Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help for the express way design

csco11063007
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

We have scenario of One CUCM CLuster & One IM & P Cluster at Site 1 and another CUCM and IM P CLsuter at Site 2.

All 4 clusters are served by a single AD domain but users at each site are grouped in the AD Security Group & sync with relevant cluster.

We want to deploy MRA using Expressway at Each site. We wanted to connect  users at Site 1 to use expressway at Site 1 & users at Site 2 to expressway at Site 2.

Can you please help how can we achieve the design using single email address domain,

Thanks in Advance.

Thomas

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

somewhere this is gonna bite you in the back, but anyway you must have your reasons for wanting this.

Set it up as you suggest two expressway/control clusters, each pointing to their own CUCM cluster.

on your VCS control each will then have a pattern:

(.*)@yourcompany.com(.*)

pointing to their respective cucm clusters (so site 1  VCS  > Site 1 CUCM etc.), so far so good.  

I think for the communications bewteeen the two CUCM cluster, you will need to have a look at ILS:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12243806/chalk-talk-sip-uri-dialing-and-ils-networking

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Dear Dennis,

Thanks for your quick response and suggestion. I am still confused.

Consider I have expressway-edge-site1 & expressway-edge-site2 are located in Site 1 & Site2 respectively. So I need to use two public IP, one at each site. I have to create the srv record collab-edge with mapping to two public IPs and available in the external dns at both sites.

Consider I have user1@mydomain.com is located in Site1 & user2@mydomain.com is located in Site 2. So basically collab-edge srv will resolve this address can be either of the Expressway.

So for example - when user1 is Site 1 try to log-in , there is always a chance that srv record might resolve to Site 2 expressway public IP  instead of Site 1 expressway IP.

Is there any mechanism  that user1 will always resolves to Site 1 expressway public IP ?

Thanks

Thomas