cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No directory through VCS Expressway

George Paxson
Level 1
Level 1

I have VCS Expressway configured for MRA.  I have internal PC clients with LDAP directory access and BYOD iPhone with BDI directory access.  What do I need to do to get directory access through the VCS Expressway from the internet?

CUCM 9.1.2.12901-3

CUPS 9.1.1.61900-7

MRA 8.2.2

George

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nothing, but all you'll get is UDS directory, that's how it works, no LDAP directory when logged via MRA.

The MRA guide explains that:

Unsupported Jabber features when using mobile and remote access

n Directory access mechanisms other than UDS 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-2/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-VCS-Deployment-Guide-X8-2.pdf

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I checked my PC client log and see the following:

"There is no UDS server defined in the config"

My Jabber-config.xml specifies BDI for corporate wireless connected clients to provide directory and photo directory.

I have attempted to remove directory service from the service profile and select UDS.  No change.

You actually don't need any configuration for this, when they log via MRA they will be instructed to use UDS no matter what you have configured.

Make sure the UDS service is running.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I do know that I am able to retrieve contacts from UDS from internal PC clients if that is what you are asking.

George Paxson
Level 1
Level 1

We had an issue with auto discovery failing as our domain was registered with WebEx Connect.  Our domain was removed with a trouble case.  Auto discovery works now.

My iPhone now auto switches from BDI directory access to UDS on Expressway depending on the connection.

So it appears that auto discovery is linked to Expressway UDS success.

George Paxson

Further info.  UDS must be enabled between all clusters for discovery to work for all clusters through expressway.  Each server should either accept the user as home cluster or direct the user to the correct home cluster.  DNS must be enabled on each server for ILS UDS combination to work.

https://publisher.example.com:8443/cucm-uds/clusterUser?username=billy.bob