Views
Helpful
Replies

One way screen sharing Jabber 10.6 hybrid

the-lebowski
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Seeing an issue with one way screen sharing between a coworker and myself.  I can share my screen with him but he cannot share his with me. When he does it prompts me to join which I do but it tells him I denied it and gets stuck in a loop.  If I initiate the screen sharing it works as expected.  We use a hybrid environment and our CSF profiles are identical besides the owner IDs.  There is no firewall between us, its all L2 although we are separated geographically the path is the same to and from.  

Does anyone know what would cause this?  

6 Replies 6

Stephen Tomko
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a very similar problem as you except I'm on-prem. I don't want to muddy the situation you have or derail your initial post. But if its related...

I have Client A and Client B. during a soft phone to soft phone call (within the same Device Pool, Region, and Location), Client A can initiate a screenshare with Client B just fine. The two clients hang up the call. Client A calls Client B again (same way: soft phone to soft phone). Client B cannot initiate a screenshare, it hangs. If Client A initiates the screenshare first, then discontinues, only then can Client B share it's screen successfully with Client A.

Packet traces show successful BFCP traffic, but its not being received.

Hello, we are expiriencing the same thing. Only after initiating screen sharing from one side and ending it second side is able to start screen sharing in call. Traces show no problems in traffic. 

Starting a screen share without a call is successfull from both sides.

Have you found a way to fix this?

Please run through the following checks:

1.) In the SIP Profile that your CSF devices are using, is Binary Floor Control being allowed?

2.) In the CSF device; verify that all video sharing/video calling capabilities in the product specific configuration area are enabled.

3.) Make sure that when you're attempting to share the desktop, the Jabber client is in "Software Mode" and not "Deskphone Mode".

4.) If you are using CUCM 8.6.1, you must apply the COP file, "cmterm-bfcp-e.8-6-2.cop.sgn" to all CUCM nodes

Is it BFCP or P2P desktop sharing? they are completely different but can be easily misleading.. here is what they are ---

If the Sharing button is disabled on the Call Window, this is definitly BFCP desktop sharing.

Bascailly, there are two types of Desktop sharing in Jabber

1) P2P (No phone call requried, Desktop share buttong is available on the chat window)

2) BFCP (CSF Call required, Desktop share button is available on Call Window after the call is establisehd). BFCP has limitation, such as it must be a softphone Call using CSF device and BFCP must be enabled on call Manager etc.

BFCP desktop sharing is similar to Softphone call where the BFCP parameters are negotiated durign SIP Invite message within SDP of the SIP

Here is details about BFCP sharing

BFCP Config from jabber:
-------------------------
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110_chapter_0111.html#JABW_TK_IC76F98F_00
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110_chapter_0111.html#JABW_RF_V1999BC5_00

Note: Mobile clients only support BFCP receiving

BFCP Info from Call manager Guide including BFCP Limitation:
---------------------------------------
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmsys/CUCM_BK_SE5FCFB6_00_cucm-system-guide-100/CUCM_BK_SE5FCFB6_00_cucm-system-guide-100_chapter_0101011.html#CUCM_RF_PA38A048_00

----------------------

P2P screen sharing does not show up in wireshark (don't ask why.. :)) but it uses RDP protocol (not port 3389)

BFCP uses regular RTP port and you will see negotiation of BFCP sharing within SIP message.

From the description it seems to be P2P sharing..

I assume BFCP as OP referenced CSF devices being used (presumably logged into at the time).

Finally for us this issue was resolved by installing the same version of Jabber client on both sides 10.6.4. Using 10.6.1  was causing this issue.