Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording Jabber - Overlapping Voices

Julie Oblak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm having this situation:
In the call center we have PCs with softphones installed (Jabber) that replicate the traffic to a recorder in another site.
Randomly, we are seeing high levels of Jitter in the flow that is replicated to the communication recorder between the client (source) and the operator (destination).
This causes a phase shift when listening to the conversation recorded between the client and the operator, without being affected the real time call.
The Jitter is observed in the port of the PC that replicates the traffic (from the origin), so I asume it's not a network issue.
This happens in PCs with different features and versions of Jabber, at different times of the day.  Random

All PCs have Windows 10 Enterprise 64bits, 8G Ram or more, and Intel Core i5, without heavy workload, with Jabber 14.

it was previously presented to disable VAD as a solution.  We have that turned off and nothing has changed.

This was posted also back in 2019 but no solution was ever listed. https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-applications/recording-jabber-overlapping-voices/m-p/4027608#M42009

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

what is doing the recording?

We use Calabrio to do our recordings.  We opened a ticket to see if the issue was on their end and worked with them to troubleshoot.  Wireshark files showed jitter was very high on one of the legs.  

JulieOblak_0-1713962510016.png

Jitter is a network issue. I would have your network team check that path for issues or lack of QoS