cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[RESOLVED] Jabber 10.6 - Error 2753. The File 'ciscojabber.exe' is not marked for installation

benoit.moinet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Just got this error when try to installing the new Jabber for Windows version 10.6 :

I try several time, download it again, check Md5...

Got that error each time :(

I am in the software and hardware reco... (W7 SP1 64bit...)

Does someone have this error ? How you deal with it ?

Thanks for your answer,

Ben

10 Replies 10

Hi Ben,

You can try to uninstall if there is any previosu version installed and try again. If you still afce issue you can try toManually delete the Jabber registry keys in the below location and then perform a fresh installation.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\

Regards

That worked Nagajothi.   Just searched for Cisco and deleted the keys

Hello,

Sorry for my late reply and thanks for your answer.

On my side, I finally deal with that problem with my IT Team due to a problem of GPO Policies and access rights.

Regards,

I'm interested to know what you found.  I am having a similar issue with roughly half of my clients that get automated or manual Jabber upgrades.  Microsoft Fix-It cleans the registry and prepares the system for the new Jabber installation, but that doesn't help me with mass automated installation using SCCM.

Hello toddhebert,

In fact, the IT admin logged in with its account and then install Jabber client with his admin rights.

Seems that Jabber client try to write in a folder in which it has not enough rights with my account.

Nevertheless I have the rights to install any other software so I wonder if it's not in the install process of Jabber.

HTH

Benoit

Thanks it solved my problem.

I had the same issue on a uninstall and reinstall of Jabber 11.8 today.  This recommendation worked for me.  I'll say that I have MANY cisco products installed, so I had to look for keywords Jabber in the various folders I deleted in the registry. I too have full admin rights and do not think this was any type of AD-GPO policy issue in my case.  In my case, its almost like the uninstaller did not do the removals of these values properly. I did start a TAC Case (SR 681848253 : jabber / won't reinstall and launch), and found this fix before TAC could recommend it to me.

6 years later and that was still the solution to this problem. Kind of. I literally deleted EVERY registry key for Jabber, not just under Installer. Thanks!!

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

Here we are 6 years later and this is still an issue every time someone installs Jabber. Hey Cisco maybe what your doing isn't working time to try something else!

I used to use the microsoft Program Install and ninstall.meta program however that seem to not work anymore from Microsoft, starting to run out of solutions trying to install cisco jabber. Anyone ever come up with a solution?