Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg Content Server recording question

Jason.Beiter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a customer is looking to implement “simple” or “one button” recording using a Tandberg Content Server while in a call. They have TCS that was recently updated and is on the network, but integrating it with the Tandberg infrastructure, like ourTelepresence Management Suite and Codian Bridge is not obvious.

Currently,they have to “manually” add in the recording@example.com endpoint into the bridge to enable recordings by going through TMS or the Codian to add it. So, end users can’t do it themselves once they’ve entered aconference bridge.

Is there a more simple way to do this?

Thanks,

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can create a service prefix on the MCU that will automatically out dial to the right recording alias which will bring TCS into the call

So basically tell your end users that if they want a bridged call to be recorded they need to dial one of these prefixes that are set up to out dial to tcs just like any other endpoint

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can create a service prefix on the MCU that will automatically out dial to the right recording alias which will bring TCS into the call

So basically tell your end users that if they want a bridged call to be recorded they need to dial one of these prefixes that are set up to out dial to tcs just like any other endpoint

Thanks

Srini

Srini, you are the man!! Thanks a lot for the quick response.

Jason

How do you set this service prefix on a 4520 MCU.  My understanding is that because TCS doesn't support multiway, you can't have someone simply use the remote and dial an alias corresponding to a recording template on the TCS.

You have the MCU out dial the TCS recording prefix and bring it into your session. So you create a new service prefix that users are instructed to dial whenever they want their sessions to be recorded. That service prefix can be set to auto dial the TCS recording profile and bring it into the conference.

Thanks

Srini

Srini - I get the set-up but where do you create the service prefix at?  Do you have step by step instructions on how to create one?

I don’t have a step by step screen shot but I am referring to creating a service prefix on the MCU. within that I am talking about setting up that up to out dial the content server recording profile.

So when you dial into the MCU, just like you can have the MCU out dial other room based end points, it would dial the TCS server which is just like any other end point

The other option is of course you have TCS manually dial into the bridge. You can then do that by going to the TCS web page and there is an option there to call any number which could be the MCU bridge number.

Thanks

Srini

Maybe I just don't understand it all that well. 

If I'm already in an MCU hosted call which is what multiway does, to bring in 3 or more participants and we dial to the MCU, wouldn't that cause a cascade? 

I thought that this  allowed  a multiway session to have an alias to call for recording but this is more of a scenario where all participants call into the MCU through a persistent conference where there's a recording endpoint that is configured only to be called out by the MCU whenever a single participant joins conference.

Thanks for the advice...

Yes correct I was talking about dialing into a mcu session and then creating an out dial to the tcs server

I can't think of a way to do this in multi way

http://www.vtctalk.com/archive/index.php/t-43930.html

Thanks

Srini

Srini,

I see in Settings > H.323 you can set the MCU service prefix, but I am not sure how to set that to automatically dial the TCS, or any number for that matter.  Am I on the right settings page?

Thanks,

Kyle

You can have the MCU out dial TCS to bring into the session. See the steps here. Is that what you need?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3526327#3526327

Thanks

Srini

How about using TMS also to schedule a meeting and have TCS as one of the participants? This way when that alias is dialed it should out dial to TCS

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3534410#3534410

Thanks

Srini

That is perfect.  Thanks for your help!

Kyle

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Actually I so not see why a "service prefix" would be required to do the action.

I do not say that a (service)prefix is not a  handy thing, just that its not required here.

(talking about the Cisco, former Codian MCUs)

What can be done here is to set up a permanent conference (accessed with or without a prefic)

where you add a pre configured participant which will be automatically dialed in if somebody else joins the

specific conference number and where the call is also automatically terminated if the last one leaves.

Btw, for more technical questions like this, the support forum looks like the better place:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/telepresence?view=discussions

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I have an MCU setup that has perminent conferences on it.  I have the conferences setup to call the TCS but when everyone leaves the call the TCS keeps recording and the call never ends.  I am not sure how to end the TCS.

Setup: 4 C20 endpoints and an MCU4501 with a TCS.  The client would like to have conferences setup for each site so when somone calls that conference the TCS is auto dialed to record it.  Since the Conferences are setup at permanent the really never end. 

Is there a better way to set this up?