Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting Cisco Jabber for Windows

sheletal82
Level 1
Level 1

Having an issue with users in jabber directory:

Half of our users have a shortened AD login names under an older naming standard:

Capture.PNG

Any of these users that log in to jabber display as username@domain.com and the only profile information that gets populated is their email address.

This started when we had to add our email domain in CUCM and change the directory URI to mail from msrtcsip-primaryuseraddress in order to get presence status in Outlook

Anyone know what I should be looking at here?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pbugnard
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Can you check if you have the following two Cisco Jabber XML key set in your jabber-config.xml file?

<UseSipUriToResolveContacts>true</UseSipUriToResolveContacts>
   <SipUri>mail</SipUri>

If not, then give it a try. This should fix you issue.

I would also suggest to have a look at the Cisco Jabber deployment guide available here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_0/cjab_b_documentation-guide-for-cisco-jabber-12.html.

Regards,

Philippe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pbugnard
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Can you check if you have the following two Cisco Jabber XML key set in your jabber-config.xml file?

<UseSipUriToResolveContacts>true</UseSipUriToResolveContacts>
   <SipUri>mail</SipUri>

If not, then give it a try. This should fix you issue.

I would also suggest to have a look at the Cisco Jabber deployment guide available here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_0/cjab_b_documentation-guide-for-cisco-jabber-12.html.

Regards,

Philippe

Thank you, that did resolve the issue.  I had those entries in the config before but I'm guessing they were under the wrong headers.

Now I'm off to figure out what killed our ability to login off-network.