Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting CUCICONNECT - CSF Won't Register

Keith Klevenski
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

We have WebEx Connect and we are trying to get the integration with CUCM (CUCICONNECT) to work without success.  We are running CUCM 7.1.5.31900-3, WebEx Connect 6.7.0 build 5879 with CSF version 7.1(6)-1.13.5(7.1.6.10920) on a Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit client.

I have done the following:

- Created the CSF in CUCM according to the configuration guide for CUCICONNECT 7.1 with Standard SIP non-secure security profile.

- Associated my CUCM account with the device and DN.
- Created the cluster in the Unified Communications section on the Configuration page in the Administrative Tools in the WebEx Connect Administration Console. 
- Added the user to the cluster in WebEx Connect Administration Console.

- Installed dialing rules .cop file and restarted TFTP service on both pub and sub.
- The phone icon is in the WebEx connect client
- In the Unified Communications settings the correct information is displayed (TFTP/CTI/CCMCIP/VM pilot/username).

When I click on the phone icon for the first time I enter my valid CUCM credentials and all I get is 'Authorizing....'  I can let it sit for many minutes with no change.  If I go to Unified Communications settings at this time that screen only shows 'Loading data from server...' in red text.  It seems to stay in this state indefinitely.  If I exit WebEx Connect and restart and go to the UC options I see 'Loading data from server...' briefly, but then all the correct info populates.  However, when I click on the phone icon again I get 'Communicating with server...'.  It eventually times out and I get the message 'Unable to access the default line.  Please contact your administrator'.  Unfortunately that is me and there is really next to no troubleshooting documentation for CUCICONNECT that I can find.  However I can switch to my IPC and can successfully control it with the WebEx Connect client no problem.  I just can't get the CSF to register in CUCM.

It almost seems that the client is getting the configuration info from the cloud, but can't seem to connect to the server.  It's like there is a network connectivity problem from the client to the server, but the server is reachable from the machine and I can control IPC with it so I don't think that is the issue.

I have done the following regarding connectivity:

- I can access the server from the same machine the WebEx client is installed on
- Tried using the subscriber server IP address which is on the local LAN instead of the publisher which is in the data center via MPLS cloud
- Disabled client firewall/virus scanner
- Uninstalled/reinstalled WebEx Connect and CSF
- Deleted and recreated the CUCICONNECT cluster in WebEx Connect
- There is no firewall/NAT device between the client machine and CUCM that would be blocking any connections

I am at a loss and I can only find one thing in the config guide that may be something.  In the config guide it shows all the registry entries on the local machine that should be in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services Framework\AdminData key.  One is missing which is the CcmcipServerValidation value.  I don't know why this is missing, but I adding it manually and tried values 0 and 1 and had no effect on the problem.  The IP phone service is running on both the pub and sub.

Any input would appreciated as this seems like a straightforward configuration, but I appear to be missing something simple somewhere.

Thanks!

Keith Klevenski

3 Replies 3

funker
Level 5
Level 5

I had a same problem with windows 7 32 bit client machine running cuciconnect.When I tried it with win xp machine, everything worked fine.

For me, It turned out that win 7 firewall was blocking the client connection to CSF device in CUCM.

Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall

Take a look at "Cisco Unified Client Services Framework" and "Cisco WebEx Connect" and alllow necessary connections accordingly.

Same thing applies for CUPC.exe if you are using CUPS 8.0.

Hope this helps.

David

For the sake of helping others in the future, the problem was with CSF registry entries on the laptop.  From http://htluo.blogspot.com/2010/03/client-service-framework-csf.html:

Depending on your deployment, configuration data could be in either one of the following locations:

* HKEY="HKCU\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services Framework\AdminData"

* HKEY="HKCU\Software\Policies\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services Framework\AdminData"

If both keys exist, "HKCU\Software\Policies\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services Framework\AdminData" takes priority.

For whatever reason I had CSF info in the Policies key which takes priority, but it was the other key that the WebEx Connect client updated.  CSF looked at the key that did not have the correct information, specifically it was lacking the TFTP string.  My guess is CUCIMOC was installed on my laptop at some point and created that entry, but I'm not sure.  I deleted the Policies key and now CSF looks at the key that gets updated by WebEx Connect and now works fine.

Keith

Mario Martinez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Please someone who has been able to resolve this problem, I'm going through the same and can not find solution anywhere

Mario