cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to add offline user to a chat group

janice.valencia
Level 1
Level 1

Please help, we were not able to add offline users in chat group. Online users no problem.

Even after offline users logged in, there is no request. (but messages send while the users are offline were received after they signed it)

Even after offline users logged in, they do not appear in the group chat.

Jabber version 11.7.1

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this a regular chat? Or persistent chat??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This is for creating a group chat. just a regular group chat i guess. what is the difference by the way?

One is created on the fly and only exists while people are in it, and you cannot add offline people to it (the system does seem to allow you, but it does not work)

Persistent chat uses an external DB to keep all messages available at all times, if you want to have group chats with offline people, you need persistent chat.

HTH

java

user can receive offline messages no issue. (from individual, like one online user can send msg to offline user.

Here is the scenario:

1. I initiate a chat with User A

2. I clicked Add Participants icon from the same chat window

3. Then i searched for User B (Offline user)

4. After selecting the offline user, the START button is disabled.

However, if I create room and add offline users, I am able to add offline users but it will not show their names, after the logged in, then their names show up. Chat room  is different from what Im trying to do.

Thankyou. I attached a screenshot.

Yes, I tried the same thing in my lab and got the same behavior, just as P2P, the user needs to be online for this chat to work.

Only in a persistent chat they could be offline, and then look at the messages that are stored in the DB once they login.

HTH

java

I created a chat room, added online and offline users. But when I opened it, the add participant icon from the same window is disabled. Is that how its supposed to work?

how do you do persistent chat?

I want to make sure I do the same steps.

You also need an external DB for persistent chat

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/database_setup/11_5_1/cup0_b_database-setup-guide-imp-115/cup0_b_database-setup-guide-imp-115_chapter_00.html

HTH

java