Views
Helpful
Replies

Understanding Webex (CWMS) Meetings status and logs

t.farkas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

would anybody advice how the meeting's quality is categorized in Webex Meetings Server?

On the Dashboard each meeting has a status field, noted as Good, Fair or Poor.

There is a table in the Admin Guide with the thresholds of Round Trip Time, Packet Loss, and Jitter for the different meeting status indicators, but the rule of categorizing the meetings is not clear.

For example, in the downloaded logs of a particular meeting much higher values can be found than the threshold, the meeting status is still marked as "Good".

The customized meeting logs, which can be generated and downloaded for the meetings, are containing lots of information and statistics, useful for troubleshooting; however a guidence about the structure of the tables and the meaning of parameters indicated would be essential for better understanding.

Does anybody can provide this kind of information?

Thanks,

Tibor

2 Replies 2

danjorda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The reason you are seeing higher numbers in the log without it affecting the meeting status is that the system will not mark the meeting as bad because of a one time high jitter.  The system will look for 3 alerts from the same connection within 3 minutes and it also looks for this to be happening with 1/3 of the connections or more.  This will keep the system from marking a meeting as bad because of a temporary problem with one connection.

I have been working with product management to improve the reporting, as well as make the data available via API or SNMP, so far it has not made it onto the roadmap, but let me know if this would be helpful as well as what data you would like to be able to extract so I can bring that back to PM.

Thanks

t.farkas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dan,

thanks for the info, it helped a little bit to understand how quality mark of meeting works.

The meeting logs are containing lots of information, but, to understand and utilize them, a comprehensive guide would be essential, which describes the logs and statistics.

Thx,

Tibor