cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Cluster Temp License Transfer between Controllers?

john-guy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi....

I'm searching for a CCO document that explains how licenses are exchanged between a Master and Peer Controllers.

Example

Master-VCS-Controller LA

Peer-VCS Controller SanFran

The LA Controller has the following licenses

50 Non-Traversal

100 Traversal

2500 Registrations

Encryption

Device Provisioning

Internetworking

The SanFran Controller has the following

2500 Registrations

Encryption

Internetworking

I was told that if my LA and SanFran Controllers are clustered where the Master is Primary and Peer is the backup and is only used if the Master fails or falls off the network.  If the Primary fails all the licenses are transfered to the Peer "SanFran" Controller for a period of 30 days.  If this is true what is the minimum license keys required on my SanFran VCS to allow it to receive all the licenses from my Master VCS during an outage?

LA-VCS Fails

SanFran-VCS detects the LA VCS is off the network and it becomes the active Controller.  What is the minimum requirements to setup up this design.

Thank you,

John

1 Reply 1

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, John,

I recommend you also post this question to the Telepresence space in the Cisco Support Community (https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/telepresence) where our Cisco technical support experts provide assistance.

We do encourage you to participate in the Cisco Collaboration Community and to also join our Cisco Collaboration User Group program!  In the community, we encourage your discussion/sharing around collaboration topics and Cisco Collaboration Solutions, including business and IT requirements, industry trends, process, culture/organization issues, how collaboration can be used to transform businesses, vendor selection, adoption, training, architecture, licensing, and product features/functionality. If you are a customer or partner, you can also join the user group program to be eligible for member-only events and influence product direction.

We hope to hear from you again.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community