cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video call screen shared on Jabber 11.5(2) produces fuzzy screen on destination intermittently.

samuel221981
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

The scenario is the following. 2 Jabber clients (Windows) on soft phone mode running version 11.5(2) (Full version 11.5.2.31411). CUCM version is 10.5.2.10000-5. They both call a Video Meeting Room (VMR), then client A shares the screen and client B sees a fuzzy, out-of-focus screen shared.

DDTS CSCux84075 seems to be fixed on current used version, because when no calls to VMR is made, the screen shared using same Jabber clients works with no issues; but this could be the non BFCP screen share method.

Also, it is important to note the following tests results:

Presenter Resolution Presenter Jabber Version VMR Resolution Receiving Resolution Receiving Jabber Version Skewed? Fuzzy?
1680x1050 11.5.2 (615260) 720p 1366x768 11.5.2 no yes
1366x768 11.5.2 (615260) 720p 1680x1050 11.5.2 no no
1366x768 11.5.2 (615260) 720p 1366x768 11.5.2 no no

It looks like we needed to setup the resolution on the presenter smaller than the receiver; however some other tests with Jabber version 11.1(0) as presenter did not confirm the same, we could get successful screen shares (not fuzzy or skewed) when resolution was higher on the presenter; see below:

Presenter Resolution Presenter Jabber Version VMR Resolution Receiving Resolution Receiving Jabber Version Skewed? Fuzzy?
1920x1080 11.1.0 (615275) 360p 1680x1050 11.5.2 no

no

It has been hard to find exactly what is going on, I am currently checking PRT logs to determine what is happening. At the beginning I though about a potential new defect (or variation of CSCux84075) but it may be the case that the scenario tested is not fully supported; if anyone out here has seen similar problem, the advise would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Sam.

11 Replies 11

Frank den Haan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Sam,

That's a great detailed post. We are experiencing the exact same issue here. Specifically, when the presenter has a 1680x1050 resolution (which is the default resolution on a lot of our desktop monitors) and shares their screen via Jabber when in an on-premise CMR to those at 1366x768 (our laptop's native resolution).

We are using CUCM: 10.5.2.12901-1 and Jabber for Windows: 11.5(2).

I have a TAC case opened to work through this.

- Frank

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply and comments. Your update is very useful and detailed as well. It is good to know that we are not the only ones facing this problem.

We are using CUCM version 10.5.2.10000-5.

How are you progressing with Cisco TAC on this? After reading the PRT logs, I can confirm that BFCP is negotiated without issues. In our case we use TPS Media 310 with latest firmware and it is also BFCP compatible.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

- Sam.

samuel221981
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

After working with Cisco TAC on this issue, just wanted to provide an update on the solution obtained.

There seems to be a lot of improvements on Jabber CVPE since 11.5(2), and we were given a Jabber beta version 11.6, which actually did not have any problems on the mentioned test scenarios.

Thanks to all that viewed this post and tried to help.

Cheers,

Sam.

That's good news Sam. I am still working with TAC on this, but it sounds like the solution may be 11.6. If I hear anything new, I'll post it here.

J4W 11.6 is available for download on cisco.com

Regards,

Raaj

J4W 11.6.0 resolved this issue for me.

- Frank

Thanks for the update Frank, I am glad to hear your issue is solved too. It is same on our side. Definitively lot of improvements on CVPE component.

Samuel.

I am running J4W 11.8 and still having this issue. When a Jabber video call is active and one of the parties initiates a screen share the screen is all fuzzy. Either party that presents results in a fuzzy screen share for the other. 

If the a screen share is happening and then the video call is initiated, the screens look fine and are not fuzzy. It's a puzzling issue.

We've tried to adjust the resolution to 1366x768 and we've upgraded to Jabber 11.9 with no luck. I may take this up with TAC to see if there is anything that can be done.

Hi Steve,

Did you ever open a TAC on this?  If so, was there a resolution?

I went into the Region and under the Maximum Session Bit Rate For Video Calls set that quite a bit higher. That helped in our case. Just change it after hours or create a new Region to test with. 

Thanks a lot for the update Raaj.