Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Freezing and Locking Up

steven.walton1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Whenever I load my companies WebEx, whether it is my personal room or another room, WebEx freezes and I am forced to kill it. The point that it freezes is when Meeting Center has fully loaded; if I try to interact with it at all it freezes. This freezing occurs when I try to click the window to bring it forward, try to click a button to dial in, try to close any of the tabs, etc.

This is happening on both my work laptop and personal desktop in all browsers on Windows 10; latest updates installed.

Troubleshooting: I have spoken with internal help desk and WebEx support and gotten no resolution thus far.

• uninstalled all traces of WebEx from computer
  • tried all browsers both with "temporary application" and the extension
  • ran ccleaner and reset IE totally (I don't use IE but have a lot of settings on Firefox and Chrome that I really don't want to get rid of
  • reinstalled the various WebEx extensions and productivity center

Throughout all of this, I have not been able to get WebEx to load except for the odd occasion where it works randomly. Once it worked via Firefox and then failed the meeting after and on another occasion it worked via "meet now" in Jabber but has failed on countless other instances.

If anyone has experienced the same please help. I am the only user in the org experiencing this but can't nail down what it may be.

Thanks in advanced!

4 Replies 4

steven.walton1
Level 1
Level 1

I have resolved this issue. I inherited a Razer Deathstalker Ultimate from the 2011 time period and installed drivers that were last released 2013. It made the keyboard work fine but, once removed, my WebEx started working again.

I am not sure specifically why this would prevent just my companies WebEx from loading but if you face the same look at any recent legacy drivers you may have installed.

Did you fix it? I have exactly the same issue and no clues 

afairfield
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issues. I have found that the camera needs to be turned off for the WEBEX and then it will work. I can use the microphone but no camera. Anyone else with these issues?

aWooby
Level 1
Level 1

I have been experiencing this problem too - on VPNs and homeworking . Was there a solution you arrived at?