cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Meeting Center - Muting audio

wilson3838
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone aware of a way to easily determine who is sending audio during a WebEx Meeting Center meeting. I understand how to view the waves next to participants who are sending audio. I understand how to mute all. I understand how to mute on entry. I get all the basic stuff. What I’m asking for is an easy way to isolate who is sending unwanted audio; scrolling through hundreds of participants hoping to see the audio waves as the noise is occurring is a shot in the dark approach. Unfortunately, people unmute themselves for whatever reason and disrupt meetings (accidentally).

1 Reply 1

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

I dont think there is a way other than keeping an eye on the audio waves of participants.

Mute or Unmute Yourself or Others

As a participant:

In the Participants panel, select Mute  or Unmute  to mute or unmute your own microphone.

When Cisco Webex Meetings (Windows, Mac) and Cisco Webex Events (Windows) users mute or unmute from their headsets, they will also be muted or unmuted in the Participants panel. Similarly, muting or unmuting from the Participantspanel also affects their headsets.

As a host:

To mute everyone as they join, from the Participant menu, select Mute on Entry.

To mute or unmute everyone but you, from the Participant menu, select Mute All or Unmute All.

To mute or unmute specific people, in the Participants panel, hover your mouse over their name, and then select Mute  or Unmute .

Webex Meetings participants can always mute or unmute themselves regardless of mute on entry being enabled or being muted by the host.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/nc2bqt1/Tips-and-Tricks-for-Using-Audio-with-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-Suite

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***