Replies

WebEx Meetings Server 1.5 can't delete the User and modify Password of User

wuyian2012
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a WebEx Meetings Server 1.5

Some Problems make me can't using it 

1. When The Webex Server send the email to User, and User can't recive , the admin can't static modify a password to make him login in

2. When the User leave the bussiness , i have discover how can i delete the User, in the system , it only can stop use it

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You need to ensure SMTP server is configured properly as all the alerts and notifications are sent by using e-mails. 

When a user is setup locally on CWMS, e-mail notification with set password link is sent to the user. Only way a user can set or change password is through e-mails using the links provided. Administrator of CWMS doesn't have the ability to set the password for users.

Here is the link about setting up SMTP server in CWMS: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/1_1/b_administrationGuide/b_administrationGuide_chapter_01100.html#task_60BE784A23F5487A85AAFA05E00F723F

You must ensure that your SMTP server accepts connections from CWMS Admin and Web VMs, as well as it can relay messages coming from these servers to internal and external domains so that e-mail notifications can be sent out.

As for deleting users, the system can only DEACTIVATE them, but not delete them. This is pulled from WebEx SaaS functionality. We do have an enhancement request for the feature, so please share it with your Cisco Account Team so that they can pursue it further with Product Management to include it in the future release of the product: CSCub27578 Ability to delete user accounts in CWMS.

I hope this will be of help.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You need to ensure SMTP server is configured properly as all the alerts and notifications are sent by using e-mails. 

When a user is setup locally on CWMS, e-mail notification with set password link is sent to the user. Only way a user can set or change password is through e-mails using the links provided. Administrator of CWMS doesn't have the ability to set the password for users.

Here is the link about setting up SMTP server in CWMS: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/1_1/b_administrationGuide/b_administrationGuide_chapter_01100.html#task_60BE784A23F5487A85AAFA05E00F723F

You must ensure that your SMTP server accepts connections from CWMS Admin and Web VMs, as well as it can relay messages coming from these servers to internal and external domains so that e-mail notifications can be sent out.

As for deleting users, the system can only DEACTIVATE them, but not delete them. This is pulled from WebEx SaaS functionality. We do have an enhancement request for the feature, so please share it with your Cisco Account Team so that they can pursue it further with Product Management to include it in the future release of the product: CSCub27578 Ability to delete user accounts in CWMS.

I hope this will be of help.

Kind regards,

-Dejan