Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx productivity tools and MeetingPlace 8 integration

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I've already got a TAC case open for this issue. However I thought I would give it a go here as well.

I'm completing a WebEx Meeting Centre and Cisco Meeting Place 8 integration (WebEx ver is 27 I think)

It is a type II with MeetingPlace authentication.

My issue is as follows..

If I install productivity tools automatically on my first login to the WebEx site - this gives me the correct MP integrated sign on version of the productivity tools.

If this auto install fails, and I do a manual install, it seems to install a version of productivity tools that does not have MP integration - i.e. it expects to authenticate against WebEx users instead of redirecting to the MP login.

TAC has told me this is a limitation of the MP integration.

This is not really acceptable, as it is quite common to have issues with auto install due to browsers etc, so I need to be able to do a manual install.

Has anyone else seen this?

Cheers,

Tim.

Message was edited on June 5, 2013: Kelli Glass, Cisco Collaboration Community moderator, added community categories and tags for greater ease in filtering posts (no change to content).

1 Reply 1

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

FYI, this was a Webex site provisioning / configuration fault.

It appears that they were publishing the wrong version of the productivity tools for the manual installation.

Cheers,

Tim.