cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex will not run on my MacBook Pro

david.edgley1
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to join a webex on my nearly new MacBook Pro, it hangs at 98% and never completes.  On another Mac, webex works fine.  OSX 10.10.5

What do I do?

David

8 Replies 8

arcarpen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See this link - https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12574031/jabber-mac-cisco-webex-meeting-center-error-message

I have the exact same issue as above, been using webex for at least a year now with no issues until a few weeks ago, no updates or upgrades, just one day quit working.  Hangs at 98%, no proxy options set, no security questions unanswered, no certs untrusted.  I have manually opened and allowed the program access but still, no luck.  This is a corporate wide requirement and I am the lone wolf in my group because of my mac.  Any suggestions would be wonderful.  Thanks

Ditto here. Used to work, no changes, now doesn't -- hangs on 98% on OS X El Capitan.

Works from my Android so it's not the network.

I fixed mine and now it works every time.  Here is what I did:

Close browsers

In finder, use the Go menu, then Go to Folder ~/Library

In the Internet Plug-Ins folder, delete the WebEx64 plugin

In the Application Support folder, delete the WebEx Folder

Navigate to webex.com/test-meeting.html

Follow the prompts to join a test meeting.  You should be prompted to install the webex plugin.

Webex should start now.

Thanks for the quick reply -- this makes sense. I was looking for an old installation to remove and reinstall, but it was hidden, as you say in ~/Library/*.  

However, it isn't working for me. Still stuck on the same "90% preparing your meeting..."

Only thing I'm seeing in logs is:

8/5/16 2:20:15.274 PM Meeting Center[35931]: objc[35931]: Class CPDFontPanel is implemented in both /Users/chris/Library/Application Support/WebEx Folder/1524/Meeting Center.app/Contents/MacOS/Meeting Center and /Users/chris/Library/Application Support/WebEx Folder/1524/pd.bundle/Contents/MacOS/pd. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

and in a subsequent try:

8/5/16 2:26:36.116 PM launchservicesd[89]: SecTaskLoadEntitlements failed error=22

No idea if these logs are germane, but they occurred just after I launched the test meeting.

Again, thanks for the good ideas, I'm surprised it didn't work. 

I tried the removal (including grepping for "webex", "WebEx" and "Meeting" and removing all related files), and tried launching from Chrome, Firefox and Safari -- no joy.  

Then I tried the Windows trick: reboot.  That got WebEx working again. Yuck.

jlalrj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please visit http://kb.webex.com/WBX38280 and follow the instructions given under "Manually Removing WebEx" section. Hope this helps the Mac to rejoin WebEx meetings!

vishwa.raj
Level 1
Level 1

WebEx not starting in Chrome after Chrome upgrade--Chrome Add-on Plugin Issue (MAC)

1. Click on the desktop to make sure that you are selecting “Finder” as the active application.
  2. Click on the Go menu, and then click Go to Folder

1. Type in ~/Library and click the Go button.

1. The Library window will open. Find and open the Application Support folder.

1. Find the WebEx Folder and delete it.

1. Start a WebEx meeting again and run through the download and install of the Chrome Add-on plugin.