cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What triggers the Phone Services vs Instant Messaging login text?

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

All,

With Jabber 11.8.3/11.8.4 - what triggers the Jabber client to display "Enter password for Phone Services" versus "Enter password for Instant Messaging" or "Phone Services and Instant Messaging". Very rarely do I see the client say anything about Instant Messaging despite having an end user provisioned for instant messaging in the UCM, with no controlled or provisioned phone devices. I have telephony_enabled = false in the configuration too. I've seen the text but it seems to show up only once in a blue moon.

Just curious.

Best,

Adam

4 Replies 4

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

Are you using Service Profiles? What about WebEx? The jabber-config file contains a handful of parameters used for service authentication, for example;

Voicemail_Enabled = True (Default)

IF you configure and assign Service Profiles to End Users, you can identify a Voicemail Profile... and under this section, you determine the 'Credentials source for voicemail service'. If you don't declare this setting, then Cisco Jabber fails to authenticate with Unity Connection. In this case, the user would enter the credentials for Unity Connection under Cisco Jabber > Menu > File > Options... and there should be a tab called 'Voicemail' in which users could manually enter their credentials. If you don't want to configure or integrate voicemail into Cisco Jabber, then disable this feature within the jabber-config file.

Good Luck!!!

By the way... UC Services and Service Profiles is something you configure through CUCM, under User Mgmt > User Settings.

Yep, the default profile on my lab only has the IM and Presence servers defined, and no client CSF device configured. jabber-config disables voicemail and telephony in the application.

It still just says "Enter your password for Phone Services" though I did see it say Instant Messaging there once. I have no idea how that works or how to set it up so our IM users see it say Instant Messaging.

If you can, post your jabber-config file and screenshots of your service profile (If applicable).